Development process of "Beauty and the beast" (4032pcs.) - updated 25th February 2017 + completed

Oh yes! New year starts with a fantastic challenge 😊

Thanks to a kind lady of the german forum who bought the 40k-recordwinning jigsaw puzzle 
"Memorable Disney Moments" I got advantage to assemble one bag. 


Beauty and the Beast is an animated fantasy film produced by Walt Disney. 
It's the 30th movie and I saw it on the big screen back in 1991.

We are several members who assemble various bags. We received the bags including a laminated copy and some sweets a few days ago and had to wait until today to start together.

First step: 4032 pieces filled in a small cardboard tray


and I started assorting the pieces roughly - by colour


Enjoy the song "Beauty and the beast" sung by Celine Dion and Paebo Bryson

*****



*****

it was a challenge to assemble those blue pieces - no idea how the white frame covered with hundreds of stars will be ....

a detailed view of ...


*****

Today I chose blue ...
 
a blue window, the blue jacket - the window was a real challenge!

*****

22nd January... a well-dressed 'beast' 

26th January.... a beautiful dressed lady


*****

not that much happened during the week, but today I managed to work on the beauty, the beast and some other details



so many pieces left!

***

I gave them stairs to walk down - during the weekend I'll try to complete the curtains as well as the dragons left and right.


****

The liquorice sweets are eaten and the curtains and bannisters are almost completed


There are a few dozens of light-blue pieces up left waiting to be attached to the curtain. My table is a bit too narrow to allow 2-3 rows on top to be assembled. Soon I'll 'cut off' the reel below on a separate board to complete the upper rows :-)

There'll be another short break this evening to assemble a 500pcs-vintage Ravensburger showing a 1960ies Vancouver sight.

*****

busy during the weekend:



*****

 yesterday was Gargoyles-day

 

which led me to this point 😀


still some pieces left 


*****

some more gaps are closed and the centerpiece is complete now


*****

since yesterday I started to complete the star-spangled frame
but before that I had to devide 7 rows with the reel. My table is a bit too narrow


my daily task 😊


*****


*****

exactly six weeks after:


... and my 'certificate of authentification'

"I was a part of it" 😊


Comments

Anonymous said…
Meine Güte ist das schön! Freue mich schon auf's fertige Puzzle.
Grüße Lena

Popular Posts