Finished 26th December 2009 and updated 1st February 2015

1000 Pieces
Old map of the world
"Nova totius terrarum orbis geographica ac hydrographica tabula auct. Henr. Hondrio"
approx. 1630 A.D. and edited 1631 by Henrik Hondius

it shows the great mathematicans and astrologists Gaius Iulius Caesar (100-44 BC), Claudius Ptolemaios (100-175 AD), Gerardus Mercator (1512-1594) and Jodocus Hondius (1563-1612) as well as the elements fire, air, earth and water, the sun and the moon and the 'mapa mundi'.


Comments

dimethylether said…
Hello I am trying to find a map that's like this, would you happen to have the name of the manufacturer of this puzzle? The most common ones are eurographic and pomegranate, but they have different colour tones, I am wondering what's yours? Thanks
Lia said…
Hello :-)
Unfortunately I didn't wrote down the manufacturer and it's been a while since I assembled this map, but in 2009 I just knew and assembled jigsaw puzzles made by manufacturers like Ravensburger, Schmidt or MB.

I added some more pictures for you to show the beauty of this card.

Thank you very much and best regards
Lia


Popular Posts