Finished 23rd April 2016


Usually I don't loose too many words about where I bought or found the jigsaw puzzles I assemble. But sometimes I have to, because the circumstances are too special to be ignored :-)

 Several days ago I placed a bit on a "surprise" in a bag. The only thing I knew: it's an old, rare wooden jigsaw puzzle with more than 400 pcs. showing a farmhouse. It shows signs of usage and there might be missing pieces.... o-kay. At last I won the auction with less than 5.00 € and yesterday the bubblefoil bag took place on my table.

In fact I never saw wooden pieces shaped like that.

the picture added to the bag is black/white and shows the 'farmhouse'. 
It's a post-station called "The Kings Head". 
The picture is really small - compared to a common Ravensburger Cardboard piece. 

in fact, the quality is eccelent due to its age (maybe 1950ies?). Only 2 small 'noses' are broken and they are attached to the bag. The pieces don't interlock perfectly and it's not easy to complete the jigsaw puzzle quickly without destroying the pieces already assembled. But it's pure fun working with this vintage material.

 at last ony 1 piece is missing, but this loss doesn't wheigh much. We had some hours of fun and challanges and excitement that wheigh much more :-)

 457 Pieces (-1)

and some details


Comments

Popular Posts