Development process of an ancient egyptian wallpainting (1500 pcs.) - completed

 It's time to share a development process again!

10 years ago I swapped this jigsaw puzzle from a friend and kept it safe in my stockpile. I opened the box several times, started to assort the pieces by frame, colour and so on... and kept it safe again. Thanks to my friend I started to open the box again - and this time it will be open until I assembled the jigsaw puzzle.

Seriously!

... so here we go:

Nebamun hunting in the marches

Ravensburger, France, 2000

1500 pcs. including a facsimile print

Nebamun was a wealthy egyptian official who decided to show his way of life, how he wanted to be commemorized and how his afterlife should be like. He ordered wall paintings which have been in the so-called tomb-chapel of his grave. Nebamun died in the 14th century BC.

Hidden from destruction and light for ages, the wallpaintings and Nebamuns tomb have been discovered 1820. They are on display at the British museum, after a 10-year-restoration.

You may find them here

 

Last tuesday I opened the previously-filled bags and started to assort the remaining pieces 


At least I started to assemble the blue pieces - yesterday - 
and took my first step to a journey through time and space :-)

I guess that these parts show papyrus plants, the wings of a heron and water beneath Nebamuns boat.


I hope you enjoy the journey, as well

 

 
 
 
 mission completed :-)
 

Comments

Popular Posts