Development process of a 2000pcs "The Battle of Alexander the Great at Issus" - completed

 It was time to find a "reason" to lower my stock of unsolved jigsaw puzzles :-) 

I've reduced my stockpiles before by using themes like the ABC or by travelling around the world, space and time.

This time I ask my friends of the german jigsaw board to choose 1 of 3 jigsaw puzzles that are in my stock for 5 years and more. They have 700-6000 pcs. and it will be a challenge for me to pick the one my friends chose.

Anyway, this one is the first in a row of many to follow

The Battle of Alexander the Great at Issus (333 BC)
Albrecht Altdorfer, 1529

Piatnik (Austria), 2000 pieces

I startet assorting the pieces and my first attempt was to assemble the sky
 
on the 26th of march
 


 this will be a tough thing

after 5 days:

During Easter (roman-catholic at the beginning of April) I paused for a marathon and assembled various othe jigsaw puzzles and I returned to the battlefield on the 7th of April

Still busy on the 17th April, early morning


and this is how it looks like today


still a long way to go .....






just 234 pieces left ...









Comments

Popular Posts